Google Pixel: My favourite Smartphone! - BSTechReviews

Latest

Thursday 24 August 2017

Google Pixel: My favourite Smartphone!

Its been a year since the launch of the Google Pixel, and one of the first Google branded phones that hit the shelves on the market. There have been several smartphone launches post the Pixel launch, and I also have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge as well as the iPhone 7 Plus and the One Plus 3T, but for some reason the Google Pixel just takes my heart away completely! 💚


Image Credits: CNET

The whole stock android fluid User Experience in the Pixel is the best part about it. I happen to come across some really good smartphones last year as well as this year, some of them were the LG V20, the LG G6 and the Galaxy S8. The Note 8 this year was the most awaited smartphone but to my dislike the fingerprint reader position is still the same inspite of complaints by several users. In addition to that the Note 8 has an identical display like the S8 and the S8 plus, so why Samsung launch a similar phone within 6 months? I mean even the Note 7 was a big issue with the battery but the phone looked and stood out exceptional as compared to the rest. It was my favourite of last year.

Google Pixel has one major issue in terms of someone like me who fancies smartphone with backup and restore functionality. Its difficult to backup each and every data on the Pixel, like the most important ones like SMS and Google Photos. There seems to be no backup now option that immediately backs it up. It exists for contacts and other stuff . Another major disadvantage of the Pixel is that they do not have an extended warranty facility , at least I inquired about it from Google Support, and they said they don't have extended warranty support, thats sad!

But inspite of the issues above, I still love the Pixel so much, because it gives me an average battery life of 1 and half day on full charge, and very cold phone to hold in the hand. It would rarely heat up unless some apps that aren't compatible mess around. I don't think you can get any more better stock experience than this on a smartphone with fluidity. If you want to wait for the Pixel 2 , you should be then its all about the stock android experience that you will get on either of them so opt for the Pixel instead and also since they are running huge discounts. Its one of the most underrated smartphones today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment